- What are the benefits or advantages of C Programming Language.
What are the benefits or advantages of C programming language
- Easy to learn: C is a very easy to learn middle level language for expressing ideas in programming in a way that most people are comfortable with.
- Low-level Language Support: C is reasonably close to assembly machine. It support features like pointers, bytes and bit level manipulation. C allows the programmer to write directly to memory. C structures, pointers and arrays are designed to structure and manipulate memory in an efficient, machine-independent fashion. It is generally used to create hardware devices, OS, drivers, kernels etc.
- Structured programming language: A structured programming language breaks and abstract a program into small logical components which are responsible for performing a specific task. C's main structural components are functions or subroutines. It makes the program easier to understand and modify.
- Produces efficient programs: C is a compiled programming language, which creates fast and efficient executable files. It also provides a set of library functions for common utilities. C provides a lot of inbuilt functions that makes the development fast.
- Produces portable programs: C language produces portable programs, they can be run on any compiler with little or no modifications. One of the main strengths of C is that it combines universality and portability across various computer architectures.
- Powerful programming language: C language provides a wide variety of inbuilt data types and ability to create custom data types using structures. It also provides a large set of commonly used Input/Output, Mathematical, String etc, related functions as C standard library. C has a rich set of control statements, arithmetic operators, loops etc which provides a powerful tool for programmer to implement his logic as a C program.
- Memory Management: C is a very easy to learn middle level language for expressing ideas in programming in a way that most people are comfortable with.
- Easy to learn: C provide support for dynamic memory allocation. In C, we can allocate and free the allocated memory at any time by calling library functions like malloc, calloc and free.